The Customer Service Representative (CSR) operates at the retail facility and provides exceptional customer service, while accurately transacting sales of fuel & merchandise and maintaining a clean & safe work environment for all. The Customer Service Representative works in support of the station manager in the completion of all store level tasks. CSRs perform a variety of activities related to different areas of the station including food preparation, cash register duties, customer service, general housekeeping and other related functions.
• Maintain courteous, professional contact with co-workers, customers, vendors and community at large.
• Maintain neat appearance and good personal hygiene in compliance with CSI image standards.
• Support and follow established safety, security, quality guidelines as well as CSI’s policies, procedures, practices, and programs. Report accidents or incidents to the manager immediately.
• Preserve safety of self, fellow employees, and all others in the work location by utilizing the CSI Loss Prevention process.
• Ensure proper sanitation and food handling, preparation, storage and disposal procedures are followed in accordance to the county regulations.
• Follow federal law and company standards on carding customers for all age restricted products sold at the stations.
• Work professionally with vendors and contractors
• Regular and punctual attendance.
• Provide exceptional guest service. Be courteous, always greet and thank all customers while making eye contact.
• Conduct all point of sale activities accurately and safely while adhering to CSI guidelines and procedures. This includes retail and fuel sales transactions completed through multiple forms of payment.
• Maintain cash drawer to be at or below maximum level. Secure all funds in safe and perform cashier reconciliation at each end of shift to ensure accurate management of sales. CSI cash handling policies, guidelines, and procedures are followed consistently.
CHEVRON STATIONS INC.
• Perform consistent station cleaning of the indoor and outdoor facilities including restrooms, islands, pumps, and car wash, if applicable.
• Prepare food and hot beverage products. Effectively manage foodservice and beverages to ensure maximization of sales and minimization of loss through continuously checking product levels and re-stocking as needed.
• Actively promote store specials and other marketing programs.
• Cross-check price of delivered goods for accuracy.
• Distribute delivered goods in an orderly manner throughout the store and continuously ensure shelves are full of products. This includes both the retail space and cooler locations in the store.
• Observe local law requirements in activating and filling vehicle fuel tanks with gasoline or diesel fuel to specified levels. - Oregon Only
• May perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to handle challenging situations professionally and exercise exceptional judgement.
• Ability to work both independently and in team settings.
• Must possess required up-to-date food handling certificates, as required by law (in specific locations only).
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities
• Rare, limited to required training and coverage for nearby stations.
Physical Demands Include but are not limited to:
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time on hard and uneven surfaces.
• Ability to bend, lift, push, and move product using proper lifting techniques. Follow the team-lift concept if objects are too heavy or awkward.
• Work safely with equipment that can create and hold very high temperatures while always using appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Periodic exposure to all outdoor conditions during daylight hours.
• Occasional exposure to walk-in coolers at 34 F.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, CSI reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.