NOTE: The below information describes the functions of the account manager once they have successfully completed the sales training. For the first six months, the employee will be performing business to business telephone sales to learn the service and sales process. This will be vital in supporting the employee’s ability to learn the company products and effectively onboard new clients.
Operating as the main client contact, acquire, retain, and service advertising accounts. The account manager is responsible for ensuring the happiness of personally managed client accounts. The account manager develops an in-depth understanding of client needs, determining the best interests for an effective online marketing strategy. The account manager also performs various administrative duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Possess and maintain thorough knowledge of internet advertising information.
- Understand and communicate information regarding company products, services, policies, and procedures to new and existing clients.
- Ensure that all required client paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted on time.
- Negotiate contract and service agreements with potential prospects, including the preparation and presentation of sales proposals.
- Build relationships with key decision makers and influence decision-making, developing and executing a strategic marketing plan.
- Work with internal teams to structure and manage advertising campaigns, analyze account performance, recommend key optimizations, and execute campaign changes.
- Write and proof client ad copy, implementing best practices with accuracy and precision for optimal performance.
- Maintain, build, and service existing client accounts and relationships.
- Respond to all inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner from both clients and company officers.
- Provide timely and accurate reports as required by clients or company officers.
- Provide client account sales, on-boarding, review, optimization, maintenance, and retention efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
The following reflects management’s minimum job requirements and abilities preferred for this position.
- Proven successful sales performance in a sales role.
- Excellent knowledge of company products and services.
- Highly customer-focused and results-oriented approach, with demonstrated thought leadership capacity.
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills at all customer levels.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Intellectual curiosity, specifically in the areas of how people buy and behave online.
- Comfort in a fast-paced and often changing environment.
- Strong research, analytical, investigative and problem-solving skills.
- Good Microsoft Office knowledge.