General Position Description:
Performs executive support activities of a complex or technical clerical nature, which require advanced skills, independent judgment and discretion. This includes but is not limited to identifying and gathering data and information, organizing and presenting information in a clear and understandable format for Policy Services staff, which require advanced skills, independent judgment and discretion. This includes support for all department activity, coordinates policy and related projects, and independently prioritizes work and completes tasks within fixed timelines.
Commensurate with experience and background, with a salary range of $39,000 - $58,800
Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. OSBA also participates in Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and pays the employee's contribution.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates policy and other projects as assigned by the Director of Policy Services or Policy Service Specialists.
- Coordinates and posts news releases, information related to services and assists in the review of and maintaining the Departments information on the OSBA website and other assigned web pages.
- Provides executive administrative support for the department director including, but not limited to, general correspondence; budget preparation, annual reports; meeting planning and materials preparation for OSBA board and committee meetings; takes minutes and generates final minutes for approval; responding to phone, fax and e-mail requests for information as assigned.
- Serves as the primary contact for members related to contract initiation, project coordination and project oversight.
- Drafts correspondence, reports and studies of various types from notes or other resources for policy development; prepares special projects, drafts and corrected material for use in the field by the Director of Policy Services and the Policy Specialists; prepares final edit, printing and shipment of projects, and maintenance of documents during the contracted service period.
- Works with the Director of Policy Services, as assigned, in proofing, editing and formatting documents for publication in the quarterly Policy Update, staff and student handbooks and other department publications; preparing the support materials (model policy samples, administrative regulations, resources, information updates) and providing final edit of copy; maintaining the subscription service membership list and other publication mailing lists; and preparing bills for publications.
- Prepares, types, edits and proofreads letters, charts, tables, graphs, materials for conferences and workshops such as PowerPoint presentations from handwritten copy, audio tape, or electronic documents for department staff.
- Maintains department procedures and provides training for department staff on procedures and services.
- Organizes hard copy and computer files of projects, publications and retrieves materials as needed.
- Maintains policy files in order to answer questions from members regarding policy issues.
- Responds to board member, superintendent and other member requests received in the policy area.
To apply submit the following materials:
- A cover letter;
- A completed application form;
- Names and contact information for 3 references;
- Current resume.
For an application contact:
Oregon School Boards Association
1201 Court St., NE, Suite 400
Salem, Oregon 97301
Closing Date: July 16, 2018 or until filled
Screening begins: July 16, 2018
Commence Work: August 1, 2018 or as soon as possible
Minimum Job Qualifications:
High school graduate or equivalent plus post high school training or equivalent experience in secretarial sciences. Two years of relevant training or experience is preferred.
Proficiency in the use of the English language, including vocabulary, spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, general editing and reference skills; including the ability to write in a concise, logical and grammatically correct manner.
Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
Demonstrated ability to organize and complete work assignments quickly and accurately.
Demonstrated ability to work under tight time frames while managing competing demands and priorities, exercise independent judgement and adapt to frequent changes in workload and priorities.
Touch typing, dictation and computer experience including word processing. Proficiency with Microsoft Word is required; experience in Excel, PowerPoint and database software is preferred.