At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy, and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation’s leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we’re committed to delivering the highest-quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy, and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you’re in one of our centers or providing support from our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
- We’re in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- We’re at offices with KinderCare Education at Work , our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And we’re at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
Please apply via the following link: https://www.kcecareers.com/job/KNOWA005435636/Billing-Specialist-I
Front line support role. Directly accountable for coordinating activities for assigned centers with operational support including private pay accounts and child care assistance programs ensuring compliance with federal, state and local agencies and company policies and procedures. Provide exemplary customer service to field operations and government agencies.
- Aligns to company and subsidy tuition strategy, goals and objectives; effectively adapts to change.
- Assists with the completion of agency contracts; obtain and review all agency requirements.
- Processes and maintains authorizations; partners with centers and agencies to secure reimbursements.
- Completes accounts receivable transfers and discounts; compiles weekly details and updates field operations.
- Reviews attendance documents and completes billing process in accordance with agency guidelines.
- Reconciles payments to accounts receivable, completes AR adjustments, addresses re-bill and/or refund opportunities.
- Follow up on all accounts receivable and prepay balances until fully resolved.
- Prepares and distributes reports, monitors for unusual items and resolves and/or escalates issues as appropriate.
- Audits and reconciles center financial records and completes appropriate adjustments.
- Maintains and stores subsidy records in accordance with agency guidelines and company policies and procedures.
- Builds effective relationships with internal and external partners, including field operations and child care agencies. Maintains customer focus and participates in huddle calls and center director meetings.
- Prepares audit documentation and reports notifications of agency audits.
- Demonstrates full ownership for assigned centers.
- Performs all functions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required
- Bookkeeping, billing and accounts receivable experience preferred
- 10-key proficiency
- Strong computer skills covering financial systems and general office software, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and email
- Demonstrated skills in customer service and professionalism
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and collaboration
- Highly engaged
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Effective personal organizational skills
- Demonstrated skills in learning agility
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner by prioritizing work in multi-task environment
- Must be able to work overtime hours as necessary
- Overnight travel is rarely required
- Must be able to withstand long periods of sitting and frequent use of computer and telephone
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.