Looking for a Recreation Advisor to join this creative and talented team of individuals making a difference in the lives of young people. Springdale is a residential program for young adults, ages 16-24, earning their high school diploma or GED, learning career and technical training, and preparing for their careers. Springdale teaches independent living skills, offers positive and healthy leisure time choices, focuses on developing a positive learning environment and utilizing a trauma informed approach to wrap around student services.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- help to develop a healthy and diverse leisure time environment.
- work effectively with a diverse population.
- role model professional communication and demeanor.
- work with students using a strengths based approach to behavior management.
- have a passion for developing innovative and creative programming, with a special emphasis on arts and crafts, cultural, and community activities.
- be resilient, positive and passionate about making a difference in our community.
- Assist the Leisure Time Supervisor in planning and implementing a comprehensive and diversified program of recreational activities.
- Interact in a positive and professional manner with all students while meeting student needs.
- Oversee, develop and/or implement on center recreation activities as needed.
- Assist the supervisor in soliciting student input for activities.
- Recruit and motivate students to participate in activities.
- Supervise and transport students to off center recreation activities.
- Implement the center’s arts and crafts, music, theater, game or sporting activities as needed.
- Work with other team members in assisting with coaching and/or mentoring students to develop independent living skills and exercise healthy choices.
- As assigned, participate in and conduct career preparation activities.
- Maintain accountability for students; adhere to safety practices
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation or disrespect, providing a safe place for students to live and learn.
- Experience working the tenets of Trauma Informed Care preferred.
$14.80 per hour + benefits. Company paid life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment, short and long term disability, employee assistance program. 401k match after one year of service and 100% vested. Over 12 medical plans to choose from. Company pays 73% of medical, dental, and vision premiums.
Apply on line at www.chugach.com/careers and select Chugach Government Solutions to be directed to the job search page. Job #OR010138. Position will be open until filled. Springdale Job Corps Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, veterans, people of color and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
High school diploma or equivalent with two years recreation or youth related experience. Valid driver’s license in the state of residence with an acceptable driving record. Able to obtain water safety certification, CPR, and First Aid certification within 90 days. Training provided.