Join a dynamic team of individuals making a difference in the lives of young people. Springdale is a residential program for young adults ages 16-24 earning their high school diploma or GED, learning career and technical training, and preparing for their careers. Springdale teaches independent living skills, focuses on a developing a positive learning environment and utilizes a trauma informed approach to wrap around student services.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- help to create a comfortable, yet professional living environment for students
- work well in a fast-paced and active environment
- work effectively with a diverse population
- be flexible, adaptable and innovative
- role model professional communication
- value accuracy and attention to detail
- work with students using a strengths based approach to behavior management
- have experience working the tenets of Trauma Informed Care
- be resilient, positive and passionate about making a difference in our community
- Oversee the living environment, evaluate situations and conditions within the dormitories and make decisions or recommendations to maintain a safe, positive and wholesome environment.
- Interact in a positive and professional manner with all students while meeting student needs and utilizing counseling and/or medical referrals as necessary.
- Provide staff training for new Residential Advisors assigned to specific areas.
- Assist in training and supervision of student dorm leaders.
- Conduct regular dormitory, recreation and center walk-throughs.
- Work as an effective member of the residential living team, ensuring that lunches and break times are scheduled effectively and support Residential Advisors as necessary.
- Prepare accountability report; oversee pass-down meeting for information sharing, and prepare other correspondence relating to students to ensure students’ needs are met.
- As assigned, participate in and conduct career preparation activities.
- Maintain accountability for students; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation or disrespect, proving a safe place for students to live and learn.
$17.40 hourly + benefits package including company paid and optional benefits, paid vacations, sick/personal time off, and 10 holidays per year. Company pays 73% of medical, dental, and vision premiums. 401k match after one year of service and 100% vested.
Apply on line at www.chugach.com/careers, Select Chugach Government Solutions to be directed to the job search page. Job #OR010131. Springdale Job Corps Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, veterans, people of color and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Bachelor’s degree and one year experience working with youth required. Must be Computer proficient. Valid driver’s license in the state of residence with an acceptable driving record.