BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION: Receive, verify, sort, disperse and account for (maintain inventory of) vault cargo items.
After your six month probation, your pay will increase to $14.25 per hour.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Check identifying numbers or seals on bags of deposits and/or change shipments against the receipts accompanying each bag, or against the listing provided for such bags, boxes or containers.
- Count items, record amounts and serial numbers, sign and date receipts and manifests.
- Load/unload wagons or flatbed carts with bags/boxes of coin weighing an average of 50 lbs. per item. Function is preformed several times during a 6 to 10 hour shift, 5 to 6 days per week.
- Load/unload buggies containing bags of currency/checks weighing an average of 50 lbs. per item. Function is performed several times during a 6 to 10 hours shift, 5 to 6 days per week.
- Sort individual cargo items by route.
- Communicate verbally with co-workers and with customers via telephone.
PERFORMANCE OF THE ABOVE FUNCTIONS REQUIRES:
- You have to be 21 years of age or older to carry a fire arm.
- Ability to push/pull wagons, carts, buggies, dollies loaded with cargo weighing up to several hundred pounds.
- Unrestricted ability to repetitiously bend, stoops, squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn, and reach out.
- Ability to perform repetitious lifting of items weighing an average of 50 lbs. each for floor level to approximately 4 foot high counter top.
- Ability to repetitiously bend (stoop and/or squat) to lift items weighing an average of 50 lbs. each to load/unload wagons, carts, buggies, or dollies.
- Ability to maintain a stooped or squatting position for several minutes to perform the sorting function.
- Ability to walk continuously between bins, vaults, booths, counters.
- Ability to stand on concrete floor approximately 80% of the shift.
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with co-workers and customers, and to read receipts, manifests and reports.
- Ability to sign and record numbers by hand and to make entries on records and prepare reports.
- Ability to count, add, subtract and balance columns of numbers.
- Ability to meet state requirements for handgun license/permit or security office commission.
- Full-time schedule can consist of 40 to 50 hours per week.
- Full-time employees will be assigned to work a minimum of 5 days anytime during a 7-day period.
- Work is performed within an enclosed area with little or no visibility to the outdoors. Work area is air-conditioned/heated (68-72 degree temperature range) with periodic high noise levels. Possible exposure to gasoline/diesel fumes.